Fiandre’s Legacy of Green is vital to our production of porcelain surfacing products that are and always have been sustainable, green, and environmentally-friendly because they are made with 100% all natural minerals, including: quartz, kaolin, clay, feldspar, silica, and natural coloring agents. They are also sustainable because of what isn’t there: no sealants, waxes, epoxies, man-made binders, or artificial coloring agents that could add to harmful VOC off-gassing after installation.
A commitment to green necessitates a thorough understanding of a product’s future. Fiandre products are designed to last a lifetime. With a hardness rating that is 30% harder than granite and a low porosity rating, our materials are more durable than any other hard surfacing product. These characteristics result in a reduction of future materials usage, along with a high stain resistance that reduces maintenance requirements. And, our materials are chemically inert making them stable fill for construction sites and for use as ground material in road beds, which reduces the need for quarried gravel.
Our worldwide corporate environmental stewardship is hallmarked with significant investments in materials usage efficiency, water resource management, air quality protection, and energy efficiency.
- Fiandre production is a closed-loop process that recycles 100% of raw material and water wastes back into the production cycle. - Fiandre’s polishing factory reclaims residue from the polishing process and the material is fired into a durable ingredient for highway paving. All water from the polishing factory is recycled back into the production line.
Carton boxes for finished products
- Plastic to pack the pallets - Paper in all offices
Installation Site Air Quality
- Fiandre’s products do not contain added VOC’s. With proper use and maintenance, these materials help reduce overall off-gassing, which aids in meeting LEED interior air quality standards.
- No sealants or waxes are required that could add harmful VOC’s to a building.
- Stain-resistant surface reduces the need for harsh cleaning agents.
- Simple maintenance with pH-neutral cleaning products is all that is needed.
Fiandre’s manufacturing facilities use anti-pollution devices that far exceed the minimum standards required by law including:
- Smoke depurators
- Sand depurators (regeneration and reutilization)
- Water purifiers (total depuration, regeneration, and reutilization)
- Reutilization of heat from the kilns
- Reutilization of production losses
Fiandre’s Cumberland County, Tennessee, manufacturing facility is located within 500 miles of major markets for LEED projects. In addition, the factory has been built nearby its major extraction sources for raw materials, which are also within a 500-mile distance to major LEED building markets.